Frequently Asked Questions

douglas dunning faqs

On Deeds...

If there is already a deed, then you will need to bring it to the office to discuss further.

Disputes wherein family members of family arguing over division of family property...

Definitely a situation which will require you to come into the office to discuss further.

How do I change a deed? What do I need to do?

Unfortunately, this is something that you cannot do on your own. You will need to be work with an attorney to do this.

I have not been making my payments. How do I stop a foreclosure?

Unfortunately, if you haven't been making your payments, then there is not a lot we can do for you to help stop the foreclosure process.

I have a complaint about the actions of another attorney. What should I do?

If you have a complaint about an attorney you've worked with or encountered, you need to call the bar association.

I believe a deed was done while the person incompetent. What should I do?

Has he been declared incompetent? If so, please contact us to discuss further.

Can I sale property without an attorney? If so, how?

Yes. Stop by the office and we can show you how.

I want to sale a property even though owner has died. How do I do this?

You will need to learn if the estate has been probated.

On Tax Deeds...

You will need to come into our office to discuss further.

Can you just tell me about XYZ over the phone?

Unfortunately, we cannot. We meet with clients throughout the course of day and need to respect their time. If you have something you'd like to discuss in detail, we'd be more than happy to schedule a meeting with you during the week. You can schedule an appointment by calling: (251) 478-6031.